For our August selection, we’ve chosen The Wilden Marsh Blog. This blog showcases and champions the wildlife and natural environment of the Lower Stout Valley of Worcestershire England. Blogger Michael Griffiths provides stunning photographs and compelling descriptions of the daily happenings of the varied and beautiful Marsh residents. Check our The Wilden Marsh Blog!
Below is a recent post:
My mole! The post My Mole! appeared first on The Wilden Marsh Blog.
via My Mole! — The Wilden Marsh Blog
This month’s edition of News On The Wing brings together a wide-ranging roundup of wildlife and environmental conservation and protection, gardening tips, and of course some cute animal photos. Grab a coffee, sit back, and catch up on what’s been happening in the world of wildlife and nature.
Here’s a sneak peak:
From the Audubon Society – @audubonsociety
There are 300 million fewer seabirds today than there were in 1950. Species such as Atlantic Puffins rely on fish to survive, but they often can’t find enough to eat. Stand up for the Forage Fish Conservation Act today:
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has completed its Conservation Strategy for the Mohave Ground Squirrel, a species listed as threatened under the California Endangered Species Act. The 129-page document, which is available on CDFW’s website, summarizes the available scientific information on the species and lays the foundation for its conservation and recovery […]
via CDFW Completes Conservation Strategy for Threatened Mohave Ground Squirrel — CDFW News
From tree netting to saving the Komodo Dragon, our April News On The Wing is chalk full of all the current wildlife and nature preservation news!
News On The Wing is comprised of information gathered from across social media. It’s purpose is to share info, start conversations and encourage active participation in the protection of our natural world! We hope you enjoy the April edition!
If you have a story or issue you’d like highlighted in News On The Wing, please send a DM to us on Twitter @TheRoost10
The Roost’s February ’19 edition has something for everybirdie:
- Morty is beak-deep in technological problems, again, with Alexa, but with help and commiseration from Rocco, Morty just might have a couple of (albeit hilarious) solutions!
- Cheeks’ latest comic strip provides a lesson on grooming.
- Bubbles and Zack help parront Sherri appreciate the value – and pitfalls, of modern digital technology.
- News on the Wing showcases a range of issues impacting wildlife and the environment from around the world, including articles on wildlife crime, wetlands conservation, the plight of the plover, and a celebration of penguins!
- Feather Fun provides an opportunity to test your virtual jigsaw puzzle solving skills as well as your word search acumen.
We hope everybirdie enjoys our February 2019 Edition and as always, we invite your feedback on anything you read on The Roost Online!