Scientists have modified the genes of a squid, and genetically-altered octopuses could be coming soon. (Image credit: Karen Crawford)The First Gene-Altered Squid Has Thrilled Biologists — Science : NPR
David Allen Sibley’s name is synonymous with his bird field guides. In researching this volume, he became convinced of something new: Birds make complex decisions and experience emotions.(Image credit: David Allen Sibley/Knopf)
The Roost’s February ’19 edition has something for everybirdie:
- Morty is beak-deep in technological problems, again, with Alexa, but with help and commiseration from Rocco, Morty just might have a couple of (albeit hilarious) solutions!
- Cheeks’ latest comic strip provides a lesson on grooming.
- Bubbles and Zack help parront Sherri appreciate the value – and pitfalls, of modern digital technology.
- News on the Wing showcases a range of issues impacting wildlife and the environment from around the world, including articles on wildlife crime, wetlands conservation, the plight of the plover, and a celebration of penguins!
- Feather Fun provides an opportunity to test your virtual jigsaw puzzle solving skills as well as your word search acumen.
We hope everybirdie enjoys our February 2019 Edition and as always, we invite your feedback on anything you read on The Roost Online!
The February edition of News on the Wing brings together a collection of topics on wildlife conservation, wildlife crime, migratory birds, endangered species, bird evolution, bees, wild spaces, trees, spring, declining insect populations, and much more.
Click here to read through the latest collection of bird and wildlife news sourced from social media and the web.
It’s hard to keep up with all the bird-related news and happenings on social media, so why not head on over to News on the Wing to see some of the best Tweets captured over the last few weeks!
If there are news articles or events from social media you think we should highlight in upcoming editions of The Roost, send us a DM on Twitter – @theroostonline with the details!