Highlights from this month’s issue of News On The Wing include:
- #CITESCoP18 highlights
- The Trump Administration’s proposed changes to the #EndangeredSpeciesAct
- Fires in the Amazon Rainforest
- Updates & initiatives from global wildlife organizations
- Wildlife, Forests and Marine Conservation issues
Here’s a snippet of what you’ll find in this month’s edition.
Audubon Society – @audubonsociety
These images from the Audubon Photography Awards captured birds in breathtaking scenes and fascinating behaviors. Have you seen all 100? ow.ly/kt5w30p9Iay
This month’s edition of News On The Wing brings together a wide-ranging roundup of wildlife and environmental conservation and protection, gardening tips, and of course some cute animal photos. Grab a coffee, sit back, and catch up on what’s been happening in the world of wildlife and nature.
Here’s a sneak peak:
From the Audubon Society – @audubonsociety
There are 300 million fewer seabirds today than there were in 1950. Species such as Atlantic Puffins rely on fish to survive, but they often can’t find enough to eat. Stand up for the Forage Fish Conservation Act today:
Our June 2019 edition of News on the Wing provides a broad ranging recap of issues, events and just plain wildlife cuteness overload found across social media over the last month.
Head on over and catch up on the wildlife and environmental issues that captured ours (and likely yours as well) attention recently.
This world we all share is beautiful and fragile. The Roost Online strives to bring you issues and stories of nature’s struggles and triumphs.
From tree netting to saving the Komodo Dragon, our April News On The Wing is chalk full of all the current wildlife and nature preservation news!
News On The Wing is comprised of information gathered from across social media. It’s purpose is to share info, start conversations and encourage active participation in the protection of our natural world! We hope you enjoy the April edition!
If you have a story or issue you’d like highlighted in News On The Wing, please send a DM to us on Twitter @TheRoost10
The March edition of News On The Wing is chock full of interesting and important information, collected from social media over the last month. Articles reflect wildlife and conservation issues affecting species and ecosystems around the world.
Some issues are hard and troubling while some, like the following from Twitter’s @scamperspets share an important message in a very endearing way.
“I think this little poem about one of our most fabulous native animals says everything needed about why the humble #hedgehog needs all of our love and care.”
So head on over to News On The Wing
now and enjoy what we’ve gathered together for this month’s edition!
The Roost’s February ’19 edition has something for everybirdie:
- Morty is beak-deep in technological problems, again, with Alexa, but with help and commiseration from Rocco, Morty just might have a couple of (albeit hilarious) solutions!
- Cheeks’ latest comic strip provides a lesson on grooming.
- Bubbles and Zack help parront Sherri appreciate the value – and pitfalls, of modern digital technology.
- News on the Wing showcases a range of issues impacting wildlife and the environment from around the world, including articles on wildlife crime, wetlands conservation, the plight of the plover, and a celebration of penguins!
- Feather Fun provides an opportunity to test your virtual jigsaw puzzle solving skills as well as your word search acumen.
We hope everybirdie enjoys our February 2019 Edition and as always, we invite your feedback on anything you read on The Roost Online!
The February edition of News on the Wing brings together a collection of topics on wildlife conservation, wildlife crime, migratory birds, endangered species, bird evolution, bees, wild spaces, trees, spring, declining insect populations, and much more.
Click here to read through the latest collection of bird and wildlife news sourced from social media and the web.