More than 900 badgers have been reported dead by the side of UK roads so far this year.
Our June 2019 edition of News on the Wing provides a broad ranging recap of issues, events and just plain wildlife cuteness overload found across social media over the last month.
Head on over and catch up on the wildlife and environmental issues that captured ours (and likely yours as well) attention recently.
This world we all share is beautiful and fragile. The Roost Online strives to bring you issues and stories of nature’s struggles and triumphs.
Click here to read the May, 2019 edition of News On The Wing.
Well there ya go, I didn’t know rabbits were native to Spain and France, not the UK!
Tests on a bone, found in West Sussex, show for the first time the animal was alive in the first century AD.
From tree netting to saving the Komodo Dragon, our April News On The Wing is chalk full of all the current wildlife and nature preservation news!
News On The Wing is comprised of information gathered from across social media. It’s purpose is to share info, start conversations and encourage active participation in the protection of our natural world! We hope you enjoy the April edition!
If you have a story or issue you’d like highlighted in News On The Wing, please send a DM to us on Twitter @TheRoost10
The March edition of News On The Wing is chock full of interesting and important information, collected from social media over the last month. Articles reflect wildlife and conservation issues affecting species and ecosystems around the world.
Some issues are hard and troubling while some, like the following from Twitter’s @scamperspets share an important message in a very endearing way.
“I think this little poem about one of our most fabulous native animals says everything needed about why the humble #hedgehog needs all of our love and care.”
The Roost’s February ’19 edition has something for everybirdie:
- Morty is beak-deep in technological problems, again, with Alexa, but with help and commiseration from Rocco, Morty just might have a couple of (albeit hilarious) solutions!
- Cheeks’ latest comic strip provides a lesson on grooming.
- Bubbles and Zack help parront Sherri appreciate the value – and pitfalls, of modern digital technology.
- News on the Wing showcases a range of issues impacting wildlife and the environment from around the world, including articles on wildlife crime, wetlands conservation, the plight of the plover, and a celebration of penguins!
- Feather Fun provides an opportunity to test your virtual jigsaw puzzle solving skills as well as your word search acumen.
We hope everybirdie enjoys our February 2019 Edition and as always, we invite your feedback on anything you read on The Roost Online!