From tree netting to saving the Komodo Dragon, our April News On The Wing is chalk full of all the current wildlife and nature preservation news!
News On The Wing is comprised of information gathered from across social media. It’s purpose is to share info, start conversations and encourage active participation in the protection of our natural world! We hope you enjoy the April edition!
If you have a story or issue you’d like highlighted in News On The Wing, please send a DM to us on Twitter @TheRoost10
Keito is often enlisted (begrudgingly) to help mom with the laundry.
Assuming her duties on the Fluff & Fold assembly line for about 2 minutes, she then makes a beeline for the linen closet to chortle at me – probably telling me to go fluff & fold myself no doubt!
Pretty in Pink!
In our April issue, Sherri reminds all who share their home and life with birds that when we get sick, our birds react in different, and often negative ways to our illness. Sherri experienced a very nasty bout with two viruses over a few weeks and as she recuperated, Sherri took notice of how her illness affected Bubbles in a more direct and somewhat serious way. Zack on the other hand was attuned such human frailties and takes moms sicknesses in relatively good stride.
While diseases are rarely shared with humans, birds can definitely share nasty bugs with us! Read Sherri’s Feathered Frenzy article here.
The March edition of News On The Wing is chock full of interesting and important information, collected from social media over the last month. Articles reflect wildlife and conservation issues affecting species and ecosystems around the world.
Some issues are hard and troubling while some, like the following from Twitter’s @scamperspets share an important message in a very endearing way.
“I think this little poem about one of our most fabulous native animals says everything needed about why the humble #hedgehog needs all of our love and care.”
So head on over to News On The Wing
now and enjoy what we’ve gathered together for this month’s edition!
In his latest column, Morty sends off some interesting advice to a frantic Sherri. Sherri’s still dealing with her own Alexa issues. Morty, in his usual offbeat wisdom, also tries to pawn off one of his own technological nemesis while passing along support and suggestions to Sherri.
Read Morty’s advice to Sherri in the latest issue of Beneath the Cage Grate.
The Roost’s February ’19 edition has something for everybirdie:
- Morty is beak-deep in technological problems, again, with Alexa, but with help and commiseration from Rocco, Morty just might have a couple of (albeit hilarious) solutions!
- Cheeks’ latest comic strip provides a lesson on grooming.
- Bubbles and Zack help parront Sherri appreciate the value – and pitfalls, of modern digital technology.
- News on the Wing showcases a range of issues impacting wildlife and the environment from around the world, including articles on wildlife crime, wetlands conservation, the plight of the plover, and a celebration of penguins!
- Feather Fun provides an opportunity to test your virtual jigsaw puzzle solving skills as well as your word search acumen.
We hope everybirdie enjoys our February 2019 Edition and as always, we invite your feedback on anything you read on The Roost Online!