The Roost’s February ’19 edition has something for everybirdie:
- Morty is beak-deep in technological problems, again, with Alexa, but with help and commiseration from Rocco, Morty just might have a couple of (albeit hilarious) solutions!
- Cheeks’ latest comic strip provides a lesson on grooming.
- Bubbles and Zack help parront Sherri appreciate the value – and pitfalls, of modern digital technology.
- News on the Wing showcases a range of issues impacting wildlife and the environment from around the world, including articles on wildlife crime, wetlands conservation, the plight of the plover, and a celebration of penguins!
- Feather Fun provides an opportunity to test your virtual jigsaw puzzle solving skills as well as your word search acumen.
We hope everybirdie enjoys our February 2019 Edition and as always, we invite your feedback on anything you read on The Roost Online!
In his latest Beneath the Cage Grate column, Morty tells of a letter he recently received from Rocco, another African Grey who is having a very challenging time with a demonic Alexa.
Rocco’s Alexa keeps getting him into trouble, and if he can’t find a way to stave off his Alexa’s foul language and bad shopping habits, he’s going to find himself in a real pickle with his parront.
Click here to read Morty’s comical – yet practical, response to Rocco! And, find out what Morty asks of Rocco about eradicating the dreaded roomba from the house.
Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring because of that runaway Roomba Alexa gave mother for Christmas! Honestly, I could just spit seeds! Just when you thought it was safe to take a stroll around the apartment, that ditzy Alexa strikes again!
Morty’s challenges with Alexa continue. Visit Morty’s Column to read his hilarious take on Alexa’s gift for mum.
While softening, a little, towards Alexa, Morty is now dealing with a distraught Sid The Parrot. Sid is struggling to find a way to get all of his dad’s attention while
desperately trying to put distance between his dad and a meddling woman friend. Despite pouring on the charm to win her over, Sid writes to Morty seeking help to dissuade his dark thoughts about ‘getting rid’ of this woman.
Instead of resorting to actions that would lead to notoriety – and possibly publishing rights, Morty advises Sid to use some tried and true parrot moves for messing with humans! Read Morty’s sage advice to Sid on Beneath the Cage Grate BUT, make sure to read the article away from the prying eyes of your parronts – just in case you need to invoke some of these strategies in your future!
Visit our It’s A Birb Thing page for Lavender’s latest adorable Cheeks comic strip!
We hope everybirdie had a fun and treat-filled Halloween! We’ve gathered a few pics of birdies (and doggies) in spooky, funny and cute profiles and poses! Enjoy!
Morty’s day began as normal UNTIL, he found out his mum was going out for a birthday bash! Well, with mum gone, Morty thought hey, why not tell everyone it was his birthday too and hold a little birthday bash of his own. What could possibly go wrong, right?
Well, putting Alexa in charge of the birthday invitations and refreshments was quite likely Morty’s first mistake. Instead of Alexa inviting Morty’s AniPal friends from Twitter and Instagram, fly over to Beneath the Cage Grate to read about the ruckus that ensued with Alexa’s invitation announcements.
P.S. If you didn’t get an invitation for Morty’s party, you’ll soon discover why!
Welcome to the October Edition of The Roost Online! In this issue, we’ve got a story from Sherri on Halloween Hi-jinks from Bubbles and Zack, crabby yet hilarious advice from Morty, a cute new Cheeks cartoon, current bird news from social media, and a fun Sudoku game with a neat birdie twist!
As always, if you have any comments, suggestions or material you’d like to share with The Roost Online, feel free to DM us on Twitter – @theroostonline , we look forward to hearing from you!
In the October edition, Morty has been called upon to provide advice to a distraught apartment dweller whose birdie companions are becoming too noisy for the neighbors. This parront is desperate for a soundproofing solution to her problem. Morty may have just the answer – but, there are a few bugs to be worked out first. As a side note, Morty’s dealing with his own issues regarding noise and remote controls (and Alexa) that are making him rather cranky.
Read Morty’s hilarious yet cranky response on Beneath the Cage Grate. Y’all might want to put your remote controls and appliances on lock down before reading, just in case!
Some of the highlights in our September Edition include:
- Morty’s sage advice to Chiyome and flock
- Zack and Bubbles try to help mom with her spatial challenges
- The Trump Administration’s threat to weaken the Endangered Species Act
- A new search-a-word
- A collection of posts from around social media, including everyday heroes doing their part to save species, environments and habitats for future generations of wildlife and humans alike
Head on over to the blog to read these and many more interesting articles and posts!